It's Sick On Sin's 9th birthday! And look what we got - a brand new site!
Before I talk about SOS turning 9, I wanted to mention a few important things:
- If you're familiar with our stuff, you'll notice that a lot of items are missing. We wanted to get the website up asap so we added as much as we could. But we will be adding products everyday until the site is bursting with all our goodies!
- If you wanted something in particular and don't see it yet, please contact us and we'll get it added asap!
- We have done a bunch of testing, however that's not to say you might not run into weirdness. If that happens, we'd super appreciate it if you let us know so we can fix it.
- Our new site is hosted by Shopify. When you make an order you'll notice the browser bar changes from "sickonsin.com" to "checkout.shopify.com". Please don't be freaked out by this. The checkout process is handled safely and securely by them.
- Lastly, the holiday season is quickly approaching which means that mail delivery until the end of the year will take longer. If you are shopping for gifts, please get your order in asap to help ensure your goodies arrive in time. The suggested shopping deadlines are: International - Nov 27; USA - Dec 6; Canada - Dec 15.
Now, let's talk NINE! I am pretty blown away that we have made it to our 9th birthday. When I started the business in 2005 I never thought I'd do it this long. It was just going to be something to do after I left one career and tried to figure out what to do for the next career. Little did I know!
The last nine years have been a lot of fun but there is NO way I would still be doing it if it wasn't for all our customers and fans. Seriously, you guys are the greatest! So a HUGE thank you to everyone who has bought something, promoted us, sent us sweet messages, etc. It all matters!
Of course there would be no Sick On Sin without Michael who does all our designs, helps me with tech support, and drives me to shows. So a super huge thanks to him as well! He's the real superstar!
And thanks to my lovely family and friends for giving up their weekends / days off to help me out at events, etc. They're awesome and I super appreciate all they do for me.
Nine years is a long time to be doing something. And I can't say how many more years I will spend doing it. (Here I sit at 40, still wondering what to be when I grow up!) But the SOS spark still burns in me so I'll keep at least a little while longer. ;)
After having our son and moving 2 years ago I put the business on the back burner and I haven't been able to give it the attention I once did. And a bit of the passion I once felt for it has dwindled as a result. I'm hoping that I'll have more time/energy in the coming year and that that, combined with having a new site and some new product ideas, will dump more fuel on the fire!
Anyway, back to birthday business! It wouldn't be a special occasion without a special offer! So here it is:
Get 25% off orders up to $100 with coupon code: BDAY25
Get 30% off orders over $100 with coupon code: BDAY30
Get 40% off orders over $200 with coupon code: BDAY40
Orders over $100 will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate
Coupon codes expire Tuesday December 2 at 11:59 EST. If you were looking to treat yourself or give the gift of Sick On Sin this holiday season, be sure to take advantage of this offer!
Now of course we don't expect you to get us anything for our big day, but if you would like to do something, here are nine ideas from our wish list! ;)
- Make an order! That's a pretty obvious one. Not only do you support us, but you get something in return. Win win!
- Forward our promotion to friends and family. Perhaps they would like to take advantage of the savings!
- Talk about our site on social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.). Word of mouth is a powerful thing that you can't put a price on.
- Share our product images on Pinterest. This can do wonders for bringing people to our site.
- Our new site has 'reviews' located at the bottom of each product page. If you've bought SOS stuff before, we would LOVE if you could add a review for it. Especially if it's a good review! ;)
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Sign up for our newsletter. Just enter your email in that box over there on the left hand of the site.
- If you own SOS merch, wear it this weekend.
- Eat a cupcake. Or cake. Or pie. And think of us. <3
Okay, I have to get back to adding more products (we have SO many designs!!). Thank you again for making the last nine years super fun!! You all rock!
P.S. I need to give a BIG shout out to the folks (especially Chris) at Aeolidia! They helped me get the new site set up on Shopify. I dealt with them for our last revamp (years ago!) and was happy for the chance to work with them again. They are quick, professional, and super nice. I totally recommend them if you need help with a website, branding, etc.