Wowza!! Sick On Sin is a decade old!
Back in 2005 I was working in the corporate dot com world, and while I had a great job and worked with amazing people my heart just wasn't in it. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life but thought it'd be fun to sell shirts and stuff while I figured the future out. The major thing standing in the way was my inability to draw but I just so happened to be shacking up with a pretty great artist. He offered to do my designs and boom bam boom things got rolling.
Fast forward 10 years and I honestly can't believe I'm still doing SOS. It's been such a fun and rewarding 'job', and while it may not be my dream job, I feel so lucky to have been able to spend the last decade running my own business. Of course I would not be sitting here typing about this anniversary if it wasn't for:
Michael: There would be no Sick On Sin if there wasn't for my superstar husband. While I come up with all the design ideas, he brings them to life with his cute and simple design style. In addition to all our artwork, he also helps me with all the technical stuff, chauffeuring me around to events and keeping me sane. He's awesome.
Family / Friends: I am so thankful for all of my family and friends that have helped me out at shows over the years. I can't believe people would give up their days off to assist me and I'm so blessed to have these folks in my life. It would have been impossible to do all the events I have done without them. I also wanted to thank all my family and friends who have supported me in other ways such as buying stuff and spreading the word about SOS.
Customers: It would have been pretty hard to get to 10 years if there weren't people buying my stuff so huge thanks to the thousands of folks around the world that have! Whether it was one pin or tons of shirts, I am so very grateful. Thank you also to everyone who says kind words to us at shows or online, that submits reviews to the site, and that sends us / posts photos showing off SOS purchases. I have always said we have the best customers and if I could high five each of you, I would!
Now that all the mushy stuff is out of the way, it's time to get to celebrating! And what would a SOS birthday be without some goodies for our friends and fans! So here ya go:
1. Coupon Codes: Of course we'd do a special sale for our birthday! For the next 5 days you can get up to 30% off your order using the following coupon codes:
- Get 20% off orders up to $30 with code: PIE20
- Get 25% off orders between $30-$99.99 with code: CAKE25
- Get 30% off orders over $100 with code: CUPCAKE30
This is the perfect time to grab a bunch of holiday gifts, stocking stuffers and treats for yourself! The coupon codes expire Tuesday December 8 (11:59 pm EST) so don't delay - come do some shopping!
2. Remix Limited Edition Magnets: Each day during our Birthday Event we're giving out a FREE large magnet in all orders over $10 (after discount and before shipping / tax). We picked 5 of our popular designs and changed them up a bit. These are limited edition and won't ever be available for purchase on the site. Each design has an assigned day that it will be given out...so if there's one you want, be sure to make your order on that day!
- Friday December 4: Sloth
- Saturday December 5: Ninja
- Sunday December 6: Unicorn
- Monday December 7: Dragon
- Tuesday December 8: Black Cat
3. Giveaways: What's a birthday party without games with prizes! We are running contests on both the Sick On Sin Facebook page and the Sick On Sin Instagram page during the 5 days so be sure to follow both those accounts (if you don't already) and keep your eyes out for the giveaway posts!
Thank you again to everyone who has given us love and support over the last 10 years. It's been a super fun ride and I hope to continue to bring you cute tees and accessories for at least a little while longer! ;)
Sending you hugs and virtual cupcakes,
P.S. Just wanted to remind everyone that mail takes longer during December so if you want to get Christmas / Holiday gifts, don't delay getting your order in!! I'm working super hard getting orders out asap but I'm the only person making items and packing them up and can only go so fast! ;) Below are the suggested ship by dates if you want to receive your order in time. (FYI I'll be shipping orders right up till Dec. 21 and then taking a little holiday break.)